Dance Hub & Arts Connect are offering an experimental exchange sequence for dance professionals working with children and young people in West Midlands October 2018 – May 2019.
- Spend one day visiting and shadowing a colleague in a different organisation and part of the region – someone you haven’t worked with before
- Share what you discover with your colleagues and collaborators
- Capture your reflections on what was useful from this experience
The person you visited will do the same before making a visit themselves – now, to a different colleague in an organisation elsewhere. We envisage a chain of visits, running from October 2018 to May 2019, with an opportunity to reflect together on the outcomes of this experimental exchange sequence, at the Spring gathering of the network.
Dance Hub and Arts Connect will cover the cost of travel expenses and a nominal fee for freelance professionals to support them taking part. We hope that Dance Leaders already in full or part-time employment will take part within the scope of their role.
- 7 Sept 2018 Register your interest in taking part by 7 September
- 19 Sept 2018 Draft sequence of who visits who in what order
- 1 Oct 2018 Visits begin and run until 31 Mar 2019
- 9 Oct 2018 Autumn gathering of the network. Update on experiences so far and refine as needed
- May 2019 Late Spring gathering of the network, date tbc. Review the process, capture outcomes and learning, agree next steps
Why have we created this opportunity?
In May 2018, Dance Hub and Arts Connect invited dance leaders involved in creative engagement and participation of children and young people from different parts of the West Midlands to take part in a Creative Planning day. During an immensely positive and productive day, participants committed to working together in new and exciting ways.
One of the key outputs of the day was for the group to define what would support this evolving network and to facilitate increased connections, awareness and collaboration across the region. After group discussion, this experimental exchange sequence for dance professionals was proposed.
Dance artists, dance organisations and dance individuals, in the West Midlands, whose practice includes dance engagement and participation and formal education.
Register your interest
To register your interest in taking part, please email Susan Goodwin with an indication of who will take part from your organisation, whether there are people / organisations / places / projects in another part of the West Midlands that you would be particularly interested to visit (and don’t already come into contact with).