Cover Image: Vidya Patel & Connor Scott star in About the Elephant, commissioned by Dance Hub Birmingham in Round 1.
Credit: Serendipity Arts Festival
• 4 genre-specific Artist Commission rounds available, reflecting the diverse dance forms practised across the region.
• Up to 5 Developing Practice Bursaries available aimed at developing individual practice.
• Funding available via Dance Hub Birmingham to be invested in amplifying and connecting dance in Birmingham and beyond.
Following the success of Round 2 in Spring 2018 where Dance Hub Birmingham funded five artistic commissions and invested in 5 individual artists via the Developing Practice Bursaries, Dance Hub Birmingham are delighted to announce the third round of Commissions and Bursaries for artists who are based in Birmingham or the West Midlands and will be developing and presenting work in the region.
To-date Dance Hub have invested in and are supporting 7 companies through the Artistic Commissions programme and 9 individuals through the Developing Practice Bursaries. In order to ensure Dance Hub reflect the diverse dance forms practiced in the City and wider region, complementing the existing rich dance offer, the team will be offering, within this third round, four genre-specific artistic commissions.
These genre-specific Artistic Commissions will be open to applications at specified times from October through to the New Year:
· Streetdance & Hip Hop Theatre Artistic Commissions – up to £30,000. Opens on 22nd October, deadline for applications Monday 26th November.
· Open Call Artistic Commissions – up to £30,000. Opens on 29th October, deadline for applications Monday 3rd December.
· South Asian Dance Artistic Commissions – up to £30,000. Opens on 8th January 2019, deadline for applications Monday 11th February.
· Dance for D/Deaf & Disabled People, Inclusive or Integrated Dance Artistic Commissions – up to £30,000. Opens on 28th January 2019, deadline for applications Monday 28th February. (Please note that these dates are slightly different from those initially announced).
If you are interested in making an application and require information in any specific formats, or have any access requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image above: Round 2 Artistic Commission recipient; Adam Rutherford
Credit: Aimee Spinks
Artists and dance practitioners can find out more about these opportunities at a series of Q&A cafes over the coming months including:
· Thurs 8th November - 4-6:30pm @ Marmalade, Birmingham Repertory Theatre (plus a free ticket for anyone that attends to that evenings' performance Orange Polar Bear at The Rep - show starts at 8pm)
· Weds 5th December - 10am-12:30pm @ Yorks Bakery & Cafe, Stephenson Street, Birmingham
· January 2019 date to be announced shortly
These cafes are open to anyone wanting to ask the Dance Hub Birmingham team about their project, work, idea or to unpick the process of applying for a commission or bursary.
Download application guidance notes below:-
More Details & How to Apply
If you have any questions about the process, please contact Amy Dalton-Hardy, Project & Development Manager, by email on email@example.com