Image: Drink and Draw by Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, Birmingham Weekender 2017
Photo by Verity Milligan
Freelance Project Manager
Culture Central is seeking a freelance Project Manager for 2.5 days a week until 6th April 2018 to set up our Cultural Destinations project which is being run in collaboration with West Midlands Growth Company. The total fee is £3150.
Cultural Destinations is a two year project that seeks to animate the waterways through carefully chosen activity curated by local arts and cultural organisations. It will promote cultural packages to a wide audience. This includes world-class international events promoted to national and international visitors, to improve perceptions of the region. This will build economic resilience for artists and cultural organisations, and long-term partnership with new funding and collaboration models between the visitor economy and cultural sectors. Birmingham’s impressive range of cultural attractions is a key draw for visitors.
The project aims to:
1. Align cultural and visitor economy strategic direction for the region – and embed these partnerships
2. Grow new audiences for arts and cultural activity – in our case, through attracting new overseas audiences (thus sustaining arts and cultural organisations and artists)
3. Link activity with the waterways match funding from DEF funding by developing culturally-based bookable – commissionable product aimed at the overseas market (but can be offered to the domestic market by individual businesses.)
You must be available to attend a meeting on 7th February 2018 with project partners. If you are interested in this opportunity please send a CV and covering email to Hannah Busst firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd February 2018.
About Culture Central
Culture Central is a new collective voice and development organisation for culture in the Birmingham city region. Culture Central is an open membership body representing and working on behalf of arts organisations, practitioners, agencies and other organisations engaged in the cultural sector. Since its formation in 2016 culture Central has developed and delivered a portfolio of strategic projects ranging from Birmingham’s largest cultural festival (Weekender17) to a range of strategic leadership initiatives relating to the future economic and community future of the city region. Culture Central is an industry led body working progressively with the public and private sector structures. Dance Hub Birmingham is a flagship Culture Central project. Culture Central’s Board includes representatives from the cultural, business and university sectors.
Cultural Destinations Project
- Set up and manage the delivery of the Cultural Destinations Project
- Organise meetings for the steering committee and act as a first point of contact
- Support the integration of the project with the CityWide Data project and Audiences project
- Manage any delivery that needs to be undertaken in the first two months
- Set up systems for the ongoing project management of the programme
- Hand over the project to the West Midlands Growth Company Project Manager on completion of the contract
- Provide research support for programme.
- Design and implement monitoring and evaluation for the programme.